Ideas For New Years Eve With Family – It’s New Year’s Eve and the hustle and bustle of the holiday season is almost over. If your family prefers to celebrate New Years at home, here are some fun ideas to welcome 2022.
This list of family fun activities is generously sponsored by the Oklahoma City Museum of Art New Year’s Eve Celebration. Ring in the New Year with OKCMOA and MetroFamily. We’re teaming up to throw a Rockin’ Party for families to count down to the last afternoon of 2022! Enjoy art activities, refreshments and a hot air balloon ride in the afternoon, along with a screening of Remember the Night. The Come and Go event is free for children 17 and under. In fact, admission to OKCMOA is always free for children all year round.
Ideas For New Years Eve With Family
Whether your family decides to stay out late or come home early, here are five family ways to ring in the new year.
New Year’s Eve Family Party Ideas
No matter how you choose to ring in the New Year, MetroFamily wishes you a Happy New Year. We look forward to sharing more family fun with you in 2023.
Bonus: Check out these fun and festive cocktail recipes that are perfect for a New Year’s Eve party at home.
New Years Eve Family Events North West 2022
Cookies are absolutely necessary for the website to function properly. These cookies anonymously provide basic website functionality and security.
The cookie is set according to the GDPR Cookie Consent to record the user’s consent to cookies in the “Functional” category.
New Year’s Eve Family Tradition Ideas
Functionality cookies help perform certain functions, such as sharing website content on social media platforms, collecting comments, and other third-party functions.
New Year’s Eve Ideas For Families To Enjoy A Fun Celebration
Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze key website performance metrics to help provide a better user experience for visitors.
Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information about visitor numbers, bounce rates, traffic sources, and more.
Advertising cookies are used to provide visitors with relevant advertising and marketing campaigns. These cookies track website visitors and collect information to display personalized advertising.
Other unclassified cookies are files that are being analyzed and have not yet been classified. A few weeks ago, a good friend told me about her family’s New Year’s Eve celebration last year, which included fun activities every hour until midnight. I was impressed. I told her we usually watch movies with the kids until they fall asleep on the couch. Then he said: “Our oldest child is now a teenager and it won’t be many years before they leave the house. So we want to make as many memories as possible in the time we have left.
New Years Kids Craft Ideas
Her words got me thinking that it would be good to plan something more fun this year, so I’ve put together 50 ideas for celebrating New Years with the kids: countdowns, food, crafts, games, and more. If you’re looking for fun activities to do with your family on New Year’s Eve, you’ve come to the right place. Greetings
1. Count down to midnight with balloons that pop every hour. For even more fun, write down on a piece of paper the activity you will be doing that hour, then wrap it up and put it in the balloon before blowing it up. Photo (and lots of Christmas ideas) found at One Good Thing By Jillee.
2. Fill the bags with candy or activity ideas and mark them until midnight. Get free tote bag printables and lots of other fun printables for the new year at The Dating Divas.
5. Make a year-in-review slideshow using your favorite photos from the year. Cuddled up in our pajamas to watch together.
Family Friendly New Year’s Eve Ideas
6. Play Marshmallow Dodgeball (which is pretty much an excuse to throw marshmallows at each other) or make a simple marshmallow catapult and compete to see who can throw the small objects the fastest.
8. Cook something together. Have dinner together or a late night snack or dessert. Cream Cheese Cinnamon Sticks are easy, quick and perfect to make with kids.
9. Make and decorate paper plates to use at midnight. Find out how at The Centible Life.
10. Spoon game (instructions here). For even more fun, place the spoons in a different part of the room you’re playing in so you can run to get them. Also, instead of having the last person “out” each round, just have them earn a letter and have everyone play until someone collects all the letters in the word “spoons”.
Fun Things To Do On New Year’s Eve As A Family
11. Define multiple solutions. The conversation went well last year and what goals everyone wants to set for this year. Use this fun printable from Moritz Fine Designs.
12. Then play Two Decisions and a Lie. Have each family member take turns telling each other two real solutions and one pretend solution, and then guess which is the lie.
13. Play a bubble pop game. For older kids, tie a balloon to each other’s ankle, then have everyone try to pop each other’s balloons. The winner is the one whose balloon did not explode. For younger kids, just blow up a bunch of balloons and have everyone try to pop as many of them as possible in the time limit.
14. Playing football with a balloon. Place a “net” of crepe paper around the room and stroke the balloon back and forth with paper plate paddles.
Family Friendly New Year’s Party Ideas
16. Play games that glow in the dark. Lots of ideas, including glow in the dark circles, from Pumpkin and Princess.
18. Play charades. Play New Year related phrases or play guessing games (<– affiliate link). The last time we played this game, my kids were rolling on the floor laughing.
20. Make popcorn balls. Use lots of sprinkles to make it festive. Get the recipe at That Skinny Chick Can Bake.
21. Another interesting activity with children on New Year’s Eve is to string cupcakes and hang them from the ceiling. Compete to be the first to eat it without using your hands.
New Years Eve For Kids
24. Ask each family member about the past year. Use these printables from SohoSonnet Creative Living or film everyone giving their answers (and asking the same questions next year).
25. Closed camp. Hit a tent or build a fort, then tell scary stories. It’s actually great when mom and dad need a break for a few minutes. it always amazes me how long my kids will play in the tent 🙂
26. Minutes to win games. Get ideas and 10 printable Christmas games at The Idea Room.
27. Dance! Share your favorite songs of the year and enjoy the music or play Just Dance or Just Dance Kids (<–affiliate links).
Ideas For A Fun New Year’s Eve At Home
28. Photo. Hide last year’s pictures around the house and send the kids to find them. Once you’ve collected them all, activate the memory. Click No Time for Flash Cards for more details.
29. Pack your bags and go stargazing. Find out which zodiac signs you can recognize. When you’re done, come back for a cup of peanut butter and hot cocoa.
30. Snowballs! Either venture outside for a real snowball fight, or try this Sew Can Do version indoors.
31. Eat fondue. This can be the importance of children’s Christmas celebration. Don’t have a fondue pot? Just click on Hoosier Homemade to learn how to make cupcake fondue.
New Year’s Eve Party Ideas For The Family
32. Use pipe cleaners to write in the new year, then wrap them around headbands or cheap sunglasses with reverse lenses (both found here:
Ideas for new years eve food, fun family ideas for new years eve, family activities for new years eve, decoration ideas for new years eve, new years eve games for family, outfit ideas for new years eve, party food ideas for new years eve, new years eve dinner ideas for family, wedding ideas for new years eve, new years eve with family, ideas for new years eve party theme, ideas for new years eve